Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Stockings

To steal a phrase from The Nightmare Before Christmas, my "Making Christmas" rampage continues!

 The past couple days I've spent a significant amount of time designing and assembling Christmas stockings for Cory and I. My inspiration for the look of the stockings came from pictures I found on Pinterest (surprise, surprise) but the only tutorial I actually followed was for the nice thick cuff at the top of each. The rest I can chalk up to my own invention. (beaming with pride!) Since they are quilted, (with batting even) lined, and cuffed, it honestly was a lot of work, but well worth it!  (and the second was easier than the first since I had the hang of it)
I also want to point out that these stockings are made entirely of remnant pile fabric (bolt ends sold at a huge discount) and muslin ($2-$3/yd). Which is pretty cool. That's called creative crafting! All the fabric I use is inexpensive.

Cory hubby LOVES the Christmas throw-blanket-quilt I made last month and requested that his stocking look "just like the quilt"....
How did I do? :)


 Close up of the quilting



And, of course, if you'll excuse my "photography"... the pics don't do them justice :)

1 comment: