Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Being 25

I have this persistent tendency to start every single blog post with "So..."
Its seriously something I have to consciously avoid, and I think that is super weird.
SO... Now that I'm 25, I feel like I've earned a little bit of legitimacy in life. You know, like I've been around long enough to matter or something. If that doesn't make sense, then nevermind. Anyway, I wasn't sure what to expect from this year of life, but it felt like it would be significant. The 2nd day I spent as a 25 year old, I was asked TWO SEPARATE TIMES if I was a teenager.
AWESOME. False.
Context: A girl asked if I was over 18 at a retail store, first time I've been asked that since turning 20 and FAR WORSE even was a lady we ran into who I'd known as a child, who asked if I had graduated high school yet. Yes. Yes I have. Almost 7 years ago thanks. That was bad, but then she looked like she pooped her pants when I told her I'd been married for 5 years, so I added that I was 25, so she didn't think I got knocked up or something but that seemed to shock her too. There was no way I could have saved the encounter from the impending awkwardness anyway. You guess a 25 year old is just out of high school... well, there's no recovering from that.
I guess this should make me happy. I'd be just depressed if people guessed I was 7 years older than I am rather than 7 years younger, so I'd better be glad they think I'm 17 rather than 32.
I'm going to blame it on the bangs. Which I love by the way. Bangs rock.
So thank you life, for that super back handed compliment of sorts. It was... interesting.


5 comments:

  1. :) I like your perspective on it. Great post, and I like the new look for the blog! Very nice. Your great. Love you. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that there is anything wrong with 32....or 33 for that matter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha true. There is nothing wrong with 32. :) I just hope I have a kid or 2 to show for it when I get there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahaha! This totally made me laugh! This happens to me, too. I just want to punch people in the face sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to be asked if I was a teenager. I always get..."Oh, you are that young? I thought you were older"

    ReplyDelete