Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Winter wreath!

During my last visit to Boise, my momma bought be a darling over-the-door wreath hanger from Tai Pan. Before I was finished unpacking, the hanger was on my front door, ready for action! And there it stayed for a few weeks, wreath-less and sad. :(
The sadness is over now!
Last night, I busted out my glue gun, put on Tangled (I like noise when I'm home alone... it makes me feel like I have friends) and whipped up this little beauty! 
Like many others I've been captivated by the wonderful world of Pinterest, and have found plenty of inspiration on there. So I just combined a few ideas I snagged from my boards and made it my own! It was ridiculously fun to make.
I started with a styrofoam wreath, and wound shiny silver ribbon all the way around (and apparently 12 yards of ribbon isn't enough to make it all the way around. Hence the random white yarn wrapped around one section!).
Then I made some felt rosettes, like the tutorial here. I even tried doubling up on colors like in the tutorial, but in the end I wasn't a fan. I liked my solid rosettes better this time. :) Also, in the tutorial she uses double stick tape... I just put a couple dabs of hot glue on the backs of my rosettes to hold them together.
 I arranged the rosettes on the wreath, and once I was happy with the look, I hot-glued those bad boys on there, and voilĂ ! I love my wreath. LOVE IT. 




PS. Sorry the lighting isn't pro-photog-esque. The lighting in my apartment is akin to a hotel room at night without all the natural light streaming in from my ginorm windows. Which is actually awesome as long as you're not trying to take pictures!

3 comments:

  1. Your wreath is super cute! Makes me want to make a wreath (we'll see if that ever happens haha).

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness!! this is such a cute/fun idea! reeks of class too

    ReplyDelete