Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

DIY Skirt


I made a skirt!
I've never made one before, so this is HUGE.
Then, I actually wore the thing... twice. Thats funny because when I first finished it I was like, okayyy... not sure about this thing. I mean, I used this free tutorial I found on Pinterest, so I wasn't expecting it to be like profesh-quality or anything, but even then the whole process was a bit throw-caution-to-the-wind-ish. I even found myself just ignoring the tutorial for the second half and sewing away.
So it turned out well under the circumstances :) At least it's unique and wearable.
My mom even asked me to make her one for her birthday. I think for that one I'll get a real pattern ;) So we'll see how that goes!


2 comments:

  1. Super cute! Glad to see you smiling. I really wish that you lived closer, it would be so fun to craft with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can we please live close to each other so you can teach me how to sew stuff? i'm totally jealous. I made an apron once... definitely not as cute as your skirt though!

    ReplyDelete