Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Crocheted Lace

I'm so excited.

My mom can be hard to shop for, so thank goodness she's my MOM and loves handmade things from her kiddos! Of course, then there's the dilemma of what to make for her.
Last year I made her a quilt, so this year I decided crochet would be the medium. Gotta switch it up, you know?

So my bff google.com and I sifted the web for crochet patterns, looking for just the right thing. I had a vision already, I just needed a pattern. Honestly, I'd prefer to make up my own patterns, but as a mostly self-taught crocheter, (mother in law taught me the basic 4 stitches... I took it from there) whenever I'm working with a new shape or idea, it helps to teach myself by following a pattern the first time.

So enough of that, here's what I came up with!



So the beauty of this piece is that it can be worn as a shawl, or a scarf!
I'm more of a scarf-sporter myself, but no matter how you wear it, it's beautiful, warm and lacy. :)

The best part was the look on my momma's face when she opened it up! (Oh FaceTime, how I love you.) I hope she loves it as much as I do. :) I fully intend to make another one to keep for myself!

The pattern:


PS. This took HOURS to make. Not really a whip it up quick-type of project, but in my humble opinion, it was worth every minute I spent on it.

PSS. Again I apologize for the picture-quality. I am saving my pennies for a DSLR camera as we speak! Anyone want to just give me $1200? Because that would be stupendous. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Goodness gracious friend. You need to be modeling somewhere for the whole world to see your exquisite beauty. Seriously, I hope I'm as gorgeous as you someday and I mean it :) And then comes your talent?! What can't you do! I love it! Miss you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess you are seriously the greatest! I love you! Thanks for making me smile so big today! :)

      Delete